• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Running condition unknown Poll

HVYMTL

In general, how many members bought Deuces or tractors that stated either “running condition unknown “ or “did not start” , and all they needed was topping off all fluids,
& new batteries? What’s the possibility of getting a good one?

David_4x4

Our local vietnam vets bought a truck that was listed as running condition un known.

We just checked the oil level, gave it some fresh fuel, jumped it and it started without a hitch and runs like a champ.

unknown

I bought an M818 tractor in Iowa with an unknown running condition. The truck had bad batteries, I mean DEAD. I brought some batteries out of our bridge truck to swap just incase we needed them. Truck started right up and runs great. The brake pedal went all of the way to the floor. We had the truck towed off site to one of my old customers shops 10 miles off base. We installed a new master cylinder the next weekend and bled all of the brake bleeders and drove the truck home 4 hours after greasing everything, checking fluids, inflating all tires, etc. It's a great truck now but it wasn't one for a guy coming into the lot with a big smile thinking that he would hit the starter switch and drive home.

The truck beside mine had the fan pusher through the radiator and most engine pics wouldn't have shown it on GL. Unless that buyer had some 5 ton parts trucks for a spare radiator it's going to be a pleasant suprise for that buyer!

Andy

DDoyle

Supporting Vendor
RE: unknown

Lets put it another way - but for two trucks bought from Memphis Equipment, and two from other collectors - ALL the trucks I've bought (which is several) were bought not knowing the running condition.

Regards,
David

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter

Most of the ones I have bid on didn't say anything about running condition. It' a roll of the dice.

poppop

I bought a Duece listed as will not start. Put in batterys and had to straight wire as starter button was missing and it fired right up. Quit running very quickly as it was out of fuel. Put in fuel and drove it onto trailer. It was missing the alternater, passenger side windshield, and starter button. Brakes were fine, tires good and the truck was in good shape. The bed was rusty and patched and it was obvious that this bed did not belong to this truck. I guess they kept the bed and put a beat up one on the truck when they turned it in. Oh, I paid $1240.00 for it. I think I did good. :D

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks