• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rust repairs on a 5 ton dump bed

JDToumanian

Wow, if you can turn that piece of scrap back into a usable rust free bed you must be good with a torch and welder. Very good indeed!

Post pics!

Jon

abh3

Fixing that bed will make finding the PTO with front AND rear output seem easy... What brand welding products do you use, I'll buy their stock!

pa.rich

The five ton has the pto I need. I dont need one for front winch , only back to the dump . Its going back on the truck it was originally on. The M51.
About the rust, I have made headway in the hinge area. Getting the steel tommorrow, welding tyhat in this weekend.Will be stronger than before.On the sides, I am going to cut all that crap out and start over with new plate and make my own gussets. I dont have a torch, just cutting with a 7" grinder. Takes long. The tailgate latches were all froze with rust and saved about half of the linkage. I will make new parts where needed. Thanks for the interest guys. Aint fun but money does not grow on trees.
But did you know toilets grow on trees? Yep , they do Ever hear of TOILETRIES ????O.K. thats enuff of my rough humor for tonight.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks