• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rust Solutions

USAWEAPON777

I have been sanding down to bare metal then applying a coat of phosphoric acid to eat the rust. Then wash it off, do any body work if needed and prime and paint

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sandblast and epoxy primer. If you are doing floorboards, make sure you cover the steering column really well or the sand will mess up the ignition cylinder and switch.

mtjbrown

As stated above, get down to bare metal, then I use por-15 as instructions say. Has worked well on at least four different project trucks over the years.

jimmy-90

Angle grinder with preperation/cleaning disks and then rust bullet for the floorboards and heavy metal. I haven't put any rust bullet on the outer body though. I just knock the rust off of it with a disk and prime and paint it with the closest thing I can find to the carc color paint which is krylon or rustolium camo junk. The black and brown look pretty close to the way they are supposed to but the green is a mile off though. Just means if I find any rust in the green parts of the body I remove it and extend the nearest patch of brown or black over into that part of the body with the spray crap.