• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Rust!

dabtl

I changed my second deuce's fuel filters last week. I changed a friend's out today.

I did not have the bench blaster cabinet available today. Crap! The primary and secondary filter cans had plenty of nice rust to clean up! Both times!

I used towels and some green pads to kind of get the gooey rust out today. Did fairly well, even if I do say so.:)

I am getting the deuce primary spin on adapter from jatonka this week. That will eliminate the rust problem in the second deuce primary, for sure.

As the age of these deuces is around 25+ years, it is not a surprise that rust has formed and continues to be a problem, both mechanically and cosmetically.

Having spin on, throw away, secondary fuel filters would sure save a lot of cabinet blasting or scraping every time I change filters.

Did I say I hate rust?:x

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks