• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S-280 A/C units

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Good Morning folks and YES today I have pics to go along with my question, I have read all the TMs associated witht eh 280 that I can find and still cannot come up with the answer I am looking for. Can you tell my looking at these pics if these A/C units on the 280 are for both HEATING AND COOLING the enclosure? Are these units something that are usable in the real world, meaning can I wire them to hook up and run under a regular campground power source? Are these units reliable or will I be paying way to much to maintain them for normal use? Any thoughts would sure be appreciated. Thsi unit is going to be mounted in the back of the new Deuce that I will be picking up tomorrow, and YES there will be pics
Thanks for any and all input its much appreciated
KK

Attachments

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
KK,
Looks like a nice shelter, but we need more detailed pics of the front faces of the units to be able to help you. Here is the type of picture that might be more helpful.

Attachments

Karl kostman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks for you response to this thread but as of right now I do not have any good pics like that, I will be picking up the Shelter on Tuesday if the trcuking company comes through I can at that time take some more better and more appropriate pics to help me with my questions! Thanks again though for trying to assist Mike and have more for you to examine next week! Have a great weekend
KK

brianrbull

That is the twin to my S-280.... What is inside?
It is a Telephone Multiplexer, Mine was stripped of all equipment, but they left the racks.. Gutted the electrical box,
As to the A/C they will be 18k BTU could be the 208 3ph 50/60 hz or 400hz
or, could be the 208/230 1ph/3ph 50/60/400 hz wont be able to tell with out looking at the data plates.
If you look at the pictures under the A/C you will see what looks like a access panel... Those are the covers to seal the openings if you remove the A/C units... if it is intact there will be ducting inside to distribute the conditioned air. I really like this configuration of shelter. The inside racks are HEAVY aluminum and there should be a desk also... I also see it has the attachment points for the M720 mobilizer nifty device for hauling the thing... We need more photos.....

Last edited:

SCSG-G4

PSVB 3003
Steel Soldiers Supporter
KK,
I found what is probably the manuals on the liberated manuals site TM 5-4120-243-34P. in the attached picture (fig 5 in the TM), items 1 and 11 are the data plates which will tell you the model information.

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks