• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S-280 Mounting in Cargo Bed, How tight?

Superthermal

All, My S-280 is mounted in the back of my M813. The box has skids that have suspension like qualities that appear to give at least a few inches of movement.
When mounted in the back of the bed am I suppose to tighten this down to where the "give" in these skids is tightened down or am I to tighten only until it is Just taunt allowing for the box to have some suspension in the bed? The TM just says to put some wood between the sides and the bed and the front to the head of the bed to keep it from damaging anything from direct metal contact. Additionally the TM says not to OVER-TIGHTEN the sling hooks but nothing mentions the "give" in the skids being one way or the other.
I am using some ratchet straps that could be tightened to do tight or loose. Any thoughts?
1725250461614.png20240831_111731.jpg

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks