• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

S-788 shelter info needed

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I need info on the mounting of the S-788 shelter, on the download page there are several available for the S-250 but no downloadable files for the S-788.
I have some pretty clear photos of the rear mounting using the air lift bumper, and they are substantial but nothing about the forward mounts.
I have the long version with generator tunnel and escape hatch, just picked up a non runner, and installing the S-788 is the long term plans.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here are some pictures, assuming your shelter mounts the same as the S-788
IMG_20200914_080428472.jpg This is one of the front mounts, they sit on isolation mounts on the bar behind the front seats.
7.JPG This is the lower half of the rear mounts.
Shelter Mount Detail 1.jpgShelter Mount Detail 2.jpg This shows the upper rear mounts sitting on the lower mounts, only they are turned around backwards, (well flipped right to left) the flat vertical part with no mounting holes should be facing forwards not backwards.
Shelter Mount Detail 6.jpg This shows the isolation mount details, again the upper mount is backwards.
detail.JPG detail2.JPGThis is about the best pictures I can find to show the upper rear mount, as you can see they are turned around compared to the other pictures.

Last edited:

hummer-h1

Here are some pictures, assuming your shelter mounts the same as the S-788
View attachment 832201 This is one of the front mounts, they sit on isolation mounts on the bar behind the front seats.
View attachment 832202 This is the lower half of the rear mounts.
View attachment 832203View attachment 832204 This shows the upper rear mounts sitting on the lower mounts, only they are turned around backwards, (well flipped right to left) the flat vertical part with no mounting holes should be facing forwards not backwards.
View attachment 832205 This shows the isolation mount details, again the upper mount is backwards.
View attachment 832206 View attachment 832207This is about the best pictures I can find to show the upper rear mount, as you can see they are turned around compared to the other pictures.
Thank you so much! I appreciate it. I will send you some pictures to make sure I am on the right track :)

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks