• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sabotage or bad maintenance

jasonjc

When I picked up my XM818, it would not start. No big deal no fuel, I assumed bad shut off so used the bypass. That worked just fine, untill I went to move it. That was a no go, tranfer case would not go into grear.
After working on the tranfer case I found the bolt that holds the shift fork to the shaft was lose and no safty wire. It should have beed tq to 120 ftlbs and safety.
Got that fixed.
Next was to check on the fuel shut off valve. After some troble shooting I found that the TM is all wrong. It truns out that the wires on the start switch were in the wrong places. It would only open when cranking.
Two small thing that keep a good truck down :? :? :? :? :?

Could some one do this intentionally or just two random events?????

Westech

CPL
prob random events. Someone would have to have a lot of time on there hands to want to mess up a truck that was going away. Trust me after I get done whatever is on the list that day I get the heck out of work. Im not sticking around for nothing! After the jobs are done you would be hard pressed to find a sole in about 2.5 min lol all you see is ass and elbows.

timntrucks

Steel Soldiers Supporter
i had m816 delivered in from OK. the fuel pump was missing. so i got a used fuel pump and no fuel would come up. i changed out all the hoses and still no fuel to pump, after much trouble i found out that someone changed fuel valve and didnt install it right. it it was never going to get fuel to the pump. i am quessing that is there next thing to work on was take off fuel pump and them gave up and sold off at GL. i have found some of the oddest things done or not done or should have been makes me sometimes wonder who is working on the fleet Tim

ARMYMAN30YearsPlus

In Memorial
In Memorial
Incompetance is most likely to be blamed I have done tons of Reports of Survey for this and even a few FLIPL's in the last few years because of this many time it results in catastophic failure leading to damage that is traced to the poor standards and lack of good supervision.

jasonjc

More trouble. Took a short test drive and I think it was the transfer case makeing alot of noise. Checked the grear lube and it was black , like use eng oil. So I drained it and it seemed to be used eng oil with some chunks in it. One looks like its part of a grear tooth. Why would it have eng oil in it??

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks