• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Salerno +65 WWII event at Camp Swift Texas UPDATE

Pawnshop

There is going to be a big WWII mock battle and general Military History display this Saturday (18 October) at Camp Swift (between Bastrop and Elgin on 95). I will be out there with my Deuce on display along with 40 or so other MV's including 2 Shermans and some artillery pieces. Come on out! If you have never witnessed a large scale mock battle it is something to behold. This event is part of the TXNG Octoberfest so bring your Bratwurst eatin' hat:)

http://www.texasmilitaryforcesmuseum.org/salerno65/salerno.htm

As of this date we have 140 people registered for the event with 40 military vehicles including two Sherman tanks, an M20 armored car, a Hetzer, three artillery pieces and a host of other vehicles (jeeps, trucks, Bren carriers, halftracks, WCs, motorcycles, Kubelwagens, etc. etc.).

Attachments

Pawnshop

RE: Tire pressure

A truly wise and helpful retired soldier who has forgotten more tricks than I have learned showed me the easy way! I have learned something and will attempt to retain and pass it on, THANKS!!

Sarge

Wow, I'm blushing.
Well, I'm going to share the labor saving trick with the rest of SS because it really does save time and effort.
Lets say that you have to fill 10 tires up to 70 psi, the old fashioned way is to go around to each tire and hold the air chuck against the tire valve, pull the trigger and wait. Release the trigger, read the gauge. Not enough air? Pull the trigger and repeat the procedure ten times until the correct pressure is in the tire. Too much air? push the button to release air or push a screwdriver (or anything else long and skinny) into the valve to release the air. Repeat ad nauseum until the correct pressure is obtained. Do this ten times and it gets old real quick. Do this with 300 trucks and it's time to hire a gofer.
Sarge's trick?
Get yourself a $2 clamp on chuck, set your air output regulator to 70psi (or whatever), clamp the chuck onto the tire valve and go have a cup of coffee. When the chuck or the regulator stops hissing, move on to the next tire. If you want to check it with a gauge, go right ahead, it will be correct. This method allows you to drink coffee whilst filling tires, congratulations, you are now an NCO.
Yeah, I know, 99% of you already know this trick, but I wrote it for the one percent who drive around with underinflated tires because they dread putting their coffee down.
-Sarge

Barrman

I won't be able to make it. The closest even to my house of the year as well. Colton has a football game at about the same time. You guys have fun.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks