• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sales tax and SF-97/Title charges?

paulfarber

Everything seems to be moving along. Won item 12/2. EUC e-mailed 12/3 (although web site still says pending reciept, I got an email from info@GL saying they got it and forwarded it to EUC dept) CC charged for auction amount and buyers premium (verified on CC statement).

What about sales tax? Some guys are saying they are getting hit with it, others are not. When should I expect sales tax to be charged, if at all?

Also when you submit for SF-97, Government Liquidation decides if you need an title or SF-97... do they just charge your card when they figure that out?

Thanks.

ranchhopper

If the state you bought the truck requires the sales tax be charged they will charge you right away and they will tax the buyers premium too.Look on your invoice it will be itemized with everything they charged you for.

flyxpl

When you go to get a tittle your state will charge you sales tax , ( if you have not paid sales tax when you bought it . That is why you see trucks for sale without tittle .
I was a little confused about the sales tax Inever had to pay any . Everything else was listed so I 'm sure they will let you know ...

mistaken1

I paid sales tax on everything. The tax went to Arizona. My state will provide credit for the tax paid to Arizona so no double tax (thank God for small miracles). My state also has a form to waive the title penalty for not titling within 30 days of the date of sale (EUC time then recovery time then SF-97/title time).

cjtroutt

CW2 26 BDE HHC S6
Steel Soldiers Supporter
After the recovery I would verifi all Vin info and apply for sf-97 Mfg sn rest make model year
I have one that some one else did and now the state will not Give title and I will half go back to the person bouht it from Gl and request orignal docks but this third time this truck sold or changed hands title wise get all ducks in the row to problems at all will occure.
My state wants me to get an builder title and another Inspection in Data plate to get vin.
this s?<!.
They told me yester day that they might half to impound it and hold it on till it can be work out
I said what happen if you canot and it will half to be destroyed at scrap shredder .
This is all due to who did not put the correct info and not doing full Id Vin and sending incompleat info to get there SF 97 to GL.:nothingfunny::deadhorse:

Last edited:

ranchhopper

When getting a SF-97 from GL your not able to apply for it until the truck has been removed from the site. You have to directly apply for the SF-97 yourself by entering the info on GLs website that way you have time to check the VIN yourself before entering it. After you enter your info the website kicks it back to you asking if all the info is correct. Sounds like whoever applied for the SF-97 went directly off the info on the auction description which the GL employee entering the info for the description made a mistake easy to do given the amount of trucks that get auctioned off in a given week.

fuzzytoaster

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My issue with this GL tax is that they charged more tax than the state does. 8.125% vs 6.125%. I hope it credits when I register but what of the extra amount? I hope I get to use it for future renewals and it doesn't expire/forfeit. :-|

AceHigh

I bought a generator on a trailer, decided to license the trailer even tho it was not in great shape. Stupid state wanted tax on the generator and trailer combo (the total purchase) even tho I had pulled the generator off.

I lost that battle. In fact I lose all those battles. aua

paulfarber

I entered the SF-97 info, but should I get a receipt? A notice that it was submitted? I can check my CC... but is there anything that says I submitted for an SF-97 and they are processing it???

mkcoen

Steel Soldiers Supporter
My issue with this GL tax is that they charged more tax than the state does. 8.125% vs 6.125%. I hope it credits when I register but what of the extra amount? I hope I get to use it for future renewals and it doesn't expire/forfeit. :-|
Did you get this figured out yet (meaning have you registered yet)? The reason for the 8.125% is because it's not just "state" sale tax but also local if you're a TX resident. You paid San Antonio sales tax. If you had gotten it at Ft Hood or Hooks the sales tax would have been different. Not sure if you can recover anything. Mine is slightly cheaper in Comal Cty but they never returned anything to me and GL hasn't been consistent on charging tax. I've gotten several deuces at Ft Sam and didn't get charged tax at all until titling them.

Last edited:
My first twp trailers had no sales tax. 3rd on did, but the final invoice had it removed. You pay for it when you title it in MD.

That's why I went through an agency and had it registered in Maine! $90 for 5 years.