• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

San Angelo, TX 2014-06-29 36th Infantry Division Band Performance (FREE ADMISSION)

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
EXTREEEEEMELY SHORT NOTICE.

This evening at 7:30 PM the US ARMY 36th Infantry Band will be performing at the Bill Aylor River Stage here in San Angelo, TX.

I JUST received a call that due to VERY LIMITED advance publicity for this event, they would LOVE to have our Deuce (and any other MVs mustered) on target in highly visible locations nearby to help draw attention.

I will be joining forces with the Infantry Band at 1640 hrs (45 minutes from now).

Fortunately, the Deuce has already been prepped for the July 3rd Pops Concert and fireworks at the same venue.

READY TO ROLL OUT in 20 minutes.

Will post AAR and Photos asap afterward.

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll post up the AAR (After Action Report) and photos sometime tomorrow.

It was a great concert. I was a bit disappointed that the attendance was so low, but there were some factors to be considered....
Sunday evening - tomorrow's a work day for most folks.
Minimal advance announcement/publicity
July 3rh Pops Concert and FIREWORKS is this Thursday at the same location and TONS of publicity
Competing with sports event on typical Sunday TV schedule.
(sigh)

Those of us who did attend got a GREAT SHOW ! ! !

Here's a link to their appearance schedule.
If any SteelSoldiers would like to bring their MVs to future performances, please PM me for contact information with the Unit.
http://www.music.army.mil/organizations/pages/?unit=36ID&p=performances

Cisco, TX
Wichita Falls, TX
Brownwood, TX
Fredricksburg, TX
Addison, TX
Lakeway, TX
Leander, TX
Waco, TX
Cedar Park, TX
Austin, TX
San Antonio, TX

If you're near any of these cities.... Don't miss the show ! ! !

USAFSS-ColdWarrior

Chaplain
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
AAR - After Action Report - in PHOTOS

IMG_3483.jpgIMG_3513.jpgIMG_3514.jpgIMG_3516.jpgIMG_3531.jpgIMG_3533.jpgIMG_3534.jpgIMG_3535.jpgIMG_3539.jpg

In quick summary....

The music was great - everything from patriotic to Big Band to Sousa Marches!

The people were fun ! They always are.

The performers played their hearts out!

And the audience participation was enthusiastic.... In fact, the dancers shown in the pics are the unit's First Sergeant and a local radio personality who jumped up at the opportunity to dance to IN THE MOOD! Another side note about this fun lady is that she also happens to be the sister of one of our SS Members (WALLEW). Turns out she's quite a dancer too!

That is all.

Carry on.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks