• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

San Diego diesel rebuild shops, any recommendations?

RiceBurnerBrian

Just wanted to ask if any people have used any local San Diego diesel rebuilding shops. My CUCV IP is definitely leaking it's life fluid on the ground so time for a rebuild.

Right now I have a quote from Black Smokin and I am also looking at Advanced Diesel Injection for my IP rebuild.

Just wanted to see if anyone has had first hand experience with any local SD diesel shops and the quality of work done on thier CUCV. Also if they are stand up shops that back up thier work.

Thanks!
Brian

m1010plowboy

Steel Soldiers Supporter
........ or there are no mechanics in San Diego.........

I've met a few good guys down there hanging around El Cajon but I don't know of any specific diesel shops so this may be of no or little help.

Try John at Autobahn parts and tell him a old, fat, balding Canadian suggested John has connections with motorheads and possibly could direct you to some support. He's a super guy that stays too busy but has a heart of gold and knows his gear.

Again, just throwing it out there because it seems awful quiet on the Coast. Johnny helped a friend replace spend $70,000 on a clutch to get a Porsche back on the road so I'm thinking a diesel should be easy.

Harbour Freight in El Cajon was run by a guy that had an old M135 in the back yard and we talked for a while about the local MV kids he hung out with......possibly an MV contact.

The other team I met was at a BMW repair/ sales shop I think in La Jolla. There was a customers M37 in the back and a load of rare beemers in the shop. A highly regarded repair facility apparently.

The local MV clubs could possibly give you some direction........ again I'm talking out of my sitting part but it's a start. http://www.mvpa.org/home/local-clubs/find-an-affiliate/

If you don't get what you want let us know and I'll PM you a phone number. I have a buddy up in Blossom Valley that can always use a distraction.

I also know a plumber that used to hang around SS but haven't seen him on here for a while.

Lets network a little.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks