• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sand blasting service SW Ga

Welder1

Hi I am new to the MV hobby. I recently bought a M35a2. I do commercial sand blasting and welding as a side line. I have been blasting for the last 20 yrs and have much experience doing body panels and parts. I have a large system that I built. the compressor is a 375 CFM unit hooked to a 6000 lb pot. I feed sand from a 30 ton silo and buy sand by the tanker load. if anyone needs something blasted I am located in Albany Ga. Let me know I will be glad to work with you. I usually blast on Saturdays. I can be reached at 229 894 0137.Thanks.

Eddie Cannon

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just to get an idea so I don't get ripped off what would the cost be on a M105A2 trailer and since this is new to me after you or someone else blast do you prime it or send it back bare.

Welder1

I usually send back bare due to so many different paint types. I prefer just to do the blasting. The cost is determined by blast time and if you want it blasted top and bottom by flipping it upside down. I use a fork lift and large stands to set equipment on. I would estimate the cost to be around $175.I have not done a 105 but I am easy to work with and do quality work. I usually have the owner inspect items before I consider it finished. I blast with 35/65 grade sand which leaves a realatively smooth finish ready for primer.

Eddie Cannon

Welder1

I just do this as a side line and I do all the work so I can keep the cost down and treat others fair. I blast for several local body shops and also for a local powder coater. I have a fully equipped shop with lathe, mill, iron worker, shear, brake, and roller. I have been doing welding for over 20 years along with blasting. It's an over grown hobby shop with 8000 sq ft under roof. I am a mechanical engineer with Procter & Gamble in Albany just completed 35 years of service. I earned my degree from Ga Tech 1979 ME.

Coffey1

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you now I need to go see what my local guy is going to ask.
I appreciate the info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks