• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sand ladders

Jones

Looks like the modern version of PSP (perforated steel plate/plank) That's what all the runways in the Pacific were built with during WW2. Handy stuff to have a few sheets of for those outings in the wild.

cbvet

There was a LOT of PSP used in 'Nam too. In fact every SEABEE, whether a carpenter or a heavy equipment operator, had to practice laying the stuff for emergency runway & road repairs. It's really great stuff as it interlocks on all 4 sides.
I've tried to locate some since then, but no luck.
Eric

rizzo

cbvet said:
There was a LOT of PSP used in 'Nam too. In fact every SEABEE, whether a carpenter or a heavy equipment operator, had to practice laying the stuff for emergency runway & road repairs. It's really great stuff as it interlocks on all 4 sides.
I've tried to locate some since then, but no luck.
Eric
I've seen it on a surplus site, but can't remember where. I would like some to(cheaper than these sand ladders) I will post it if I find it.

Junkyard Wars Crusher

12B20
Steel Soldiers Supporter

cbvet

Looking at some of the pictures, I see there is a difference between "landing mats" & military PSP. Note that the PSP interlocks on all 4 sides. Has very little tendenct to shift once a few are hooked together.
For getting unstuck it probably doesn't make any difference which you use.
I plan to get some for the MV parking area at our VFW.
I wish I could find some in the northern Indiana/Chicago area.
Thanks for all the source info.
Eric

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks