• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Saw these on the way to Devil's Tower

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Got some pictures...quite the collection. Sort of a forest service dumping ground. North of US 85, north of Newcastle but south of Pippon Road. Being Sunday, couldn't find out anything about them.

Attachments

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Wow, all the way back to M37s and M38s. Lots of history there, anyone in the area confirm what's up with that property?

hndrsonj

Senior Chief/Moderator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Notice all the rust? I am guessing MACCUS will chime in on these. I believe they have been there along time and are awaiting GSA disposal. If it's the yard I think it is, they have been there a few years. (notice the 2 1950-1952 M35's)

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
For S&G I pulled up the google earth of that location and they are not on the sat view. Do a street view and they are barely visible. I can send a better picture to anyone who wants it. The picture from my camera is clearer than what's posted. here According to the id on the one M38(?) these are Wyoming State vehicles. They probably won't show up on GSA. Might show up at a state auction. I'll look around and see if i can find further info. FYI, Newcastle is about 4 hours North of me. If you look on a map, you'll see the town. Follow 85 north. Not too far up, on the east side of the road, is the min prison. Come south about a 1/4 mile and bingo. Could have gotton closer except for the three string barbed wire (not much a deterent except to law abiiding citizens like me) and the prison next door. Did not want to meet Mr police man and explain my hobby....

Lifer

In Memorial
In Memorial
Wow! There's a whole boatload of M37s there, most of which seem to be in pretty good shape. M38s, M37s, M35s, etc.! Someone needs to do a rescue/recovery mission!

bsorcs

Steel Soldiers Supporter
check aug '09 sat view

The '07 sat view is the GE default...highest resolution. Looking on the August '09 shot at 435228N 1041131W, just south of Pippin Rd and the 'Honor Camp', one can see ~15 objects of about the right size...just west of the long shed. Bet those are the items as they were arrayed last year.

bs

jeffhuey1n

SMSgt, USAF (Ret.)
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Those are the ones...I'll have to take off my shoes to count that high though..give me a second...nope, too few. More have been added since the last picture. Between the Jeeps and Dodges there's 15. Add in the M-35s and commercials there's at least 20 total. If you notice, BTW the red ones still have US Army markings.

How do you get themore current view?

Oilleaker1

I live 65 miles from them and have got permission to go in and look. 14 M37's 4 M38's 2 M38A1's, one deuce with water tank, one IH truck, all surplus State Forest Service and local Fire Dept. rigs. 80 % run. Frankly, they are beat and cut. Some I don't want to even try to fix. Mechanical parts, wheels, tires, etc. would be the major reason to buy. Definately not for bodys. They all will be sold on GSA. Supposed to have been June, but whoever is in charge will give the order. The Jeeps are going to sell very high. After seeing them in the flesh, the non-viewed buyers are going to be sorry. A old fashioned live auction would have been fun, but the internet will make these sell top dollar, so if you are interested I strongly recommend a pre-view. :cool: John

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks