• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Screw on fuel filter mod (MEP002A)?

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
After much googling I have found a good deal on the filter bases and filter.

2 x Napa 4770 - Wix 24770 $14.82 - Filter base
1 x Napa 3528 - Wix 33528 $ 6.56 - 2 micron filter

I am having trouble picking out a water separator. There are just so many. Can anyone suggest one that is 10-12 micron, has a drain and will screw onto the WIX 24770 base? I know the thread is 1-14.

Edit: It looks like Wix 33405 is the answer. If not please feel free to chime in.

Last edited:

Preacherboy

I've listed this information before, those are the 2 filters I'm using on mine. I got mine from fleetfilter.com, they seem to offer the best prices. I order several to save on shipping.

There is also an oil filter mod, you use a spin on adapter base from an old Ford engine! Don't remember the part number, I have it listed on a thread somewhere here or on the smokstak forum.

SandBar

Full Time Patriot
Guess what? I read your post earlier today.. and ordered the FRAM oil filter adapter too! Thank you.

I am just sourcing a mounting plate for the fuel filters. Looks like 12" x 6" 1/4" T6 aluminum should work. Found a guy locally that will cut it and sell it to me for 18+-.

Looking forward to a retrofitted MEP002A :)