• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seabee color

SW2Junior

Anyone know which OD green the Seabees used?,also my M35 has headlights below the blackout where most I have seen are above any idea if that helps identify the manufacturer Thanx Junior

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
That is a beaut M1075!

Junior, are you talking about the modern trucks like the one above or the earlier trucks? The current trucks are shot with regular CARC 383 Green or 686A Tan or CARC 3-color. I had a 3-color Seabee M923A2 and Bkubu has a Desert Tan CARC 925A2.

My Dad's 756A2 is covered with a slightly different semi-gloss OD. One of our fellow members is supposed to be letting me know what the official semi-gloss paint code is for older trucks.

steelsoldiers

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Good job Eric. I'll be interested to see what they say.

I received a PM from a fellow SS member who emailed the Seabees asking for the VietNam era paint code. They told him what it was. He just needs to dig up the info. He will get back to me in a couple of days with the answer I hope.

cbvet

I've been trying to find the right color code for a while.
All I remember is that everything was dirty & GREEN.
After leaving several messages, I finally spoke to the curator at the Seabee museum.
They have no records indicating paint color, but recently got a couple of pristine 'Nam vehicles in, & she will physically match my Aervoe samples.
Eric
CBVET

SW2Junior

Yeah all I remembered was the dirty part. I am more interested in the VietNam era colors sounds like we are on the right track Thanx :D