• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

sealed switches.. (in North America)

canadacountry

that is I had been looking on&off for quite some time and so far just have NKK and Carling Technologies discovered, so now that I've finally decided to sign up here I thought I'll ask if anyone else around knew who else manufactured these kind of climate-rugged switches? I'm particular to rotary/push/rocker type of analog switches.

(and although its not quite relevant to us civilians, Carling nevertheless actually regulations-license many of their switches for toward military uses interestingly)

NY Tom

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Not sure exactly what you are looking for, but I have found the Eaton 10250T line of switches and pushbuttons to be very rugged and reliable in an industrial environment.

canadacountry

thanks @NY Tom and sorry about not being descriptive as I was just simply looking around for now knowing that I didn't want bare/exposed switch assemblies considering the possible uses it would get not to mention less of wet/dirty hands slamming for the other aux lamp to come on, etc. and hm I knew Eaton for drivetrain mechanicals but had not suspected they did electronics too so cheers for that one, had to save some catalog pdfs from them to compare with for now

(ps: do I have to mention that one of my 'to go' laptops is not your typical old one, notwithstanding that it literally has food&nonfood greases all around it including some yet stubborn minor screen streaks too. good thing its actually waterproof - although just once I did almost scare someone silly when they returned to the kitchen only to see me literally rinsing off the open laptop under the gushing tap..umm..yeah I don't know if I'll like to say more about THAT scene)

biscuitwhistler37

20231218_175236.jpg
This is what I'll be running for auxillary switches. Each little button is a circuit breaker for each switch, they are 12/24v capable, marine rated, and illuminated. I can't recall the manufacturer atm but as soon as I look at it again I'll let you know

canadacountry

interesting, for a little awhile I did wonder about how well marine panels might do under a much different operating condition aka on an on&off-road vehicle instead, since I knew of a few particular marine brands such as Blue Sea Systems or for one example here https://www.bluesea.com/products/8261/Contura_Water_Resistant_12V_DC_Panel_-_8_Position

(regarding different operating conditions, sometimes something works sometimes not - unrelated to military but one 'did work' casepoint I would recall of would be the turbines used on the UAC Turbotrain, it worked well after they exchanged the cracking rigid fuel pipes for flexible fuel hoses given the different vibration life expected between a plane and a train)

biscuitwhistler37

interesting, for a little awhile I did wonder about how well marine panels might do under a much different operating condition aka on an on&off-road vehicle instead, since I knew of a few particular marine brands such as Blue Sea Systems or for one example here https://www.bluesea.com/products/8261/Contura_Water_Resistant_12V_DC_Panel_-_8_Position

(regarding different operating conditions, sometimes something works sometimes not - unrelated to military but one 'did work' casepoint I would recall of would be the turbines used on the UAC Turbotrain, it worked well after they exchanged the cracking rigid fuel pipes for flexible fuel hoses given the different vibration life expected between a plane and a train)
So far, everything "aftermarket" on my truck is marine and works wonderfully. Alternator, 2 wiring panels, aluminized wires, everything. I can only speak for my m35, but a lot of the systems on it are very similar in design to a marine layout, and just about everything on it is ip67 compliant, which is a marine standard for waterproofing. So far, only issue I've had is a bad battery. Hope this helps!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks