• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Searched and Googled, what is lug nut torque on 1994 M1079 ?

Hey Guys, Got a easy one for you I hope, what is the Lug nut torque for the lug nuts and what torque wrench are you all using? A wrench that big is also big dollars, is there a cheaper one that would work?

Thanks
Seth

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Seth you are setting yourself up on this one.

I'll be the first. Did you download the TM?

Great reading.

ps nobody wants to change those tires :)

swiss

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool web site, you also may want to change your signature as your website link has https: which does not resolve but I was able to manually get to http:

What web tool was the web site built in? I like the clean look.

thank you, I just changed my signature, does it work now?

I used WIX to make my site

Seth

Cool web site, you also may want to change your signature as your website link has https: which does not resolve but I was able to manually get to http:

What web tool was the web site built in? I like the clean look.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I hate to be "that guy". But it's really important that you get the tech manuals downloaded. There is soooo much information. conquering the TMs is a fantastic moment of enlightenment (control F is your friend). They are daunting but there are folks on here that can help you get your head wrapped around them. A quick answer is sonetimes needed and appreciated, but basic stuff is better if you know where to find it. Kind of a d!ck answer but you will appreciate the ability when you need it to find what you need WITHOUT McGoogle.

it cool, I downloaded them all, so huge that it is taking forever to go through them as this is my first time looking at them, kinda lost really, its ok, but just needed a real time answer, I have been looking and still cant find the torque setting, in print

Seth

I hate to be "that guy". But it's really important that you get the tech manuals downloaded. There is soooo much information. conquering the TMs is a fantastic moment of enlightenment (control F is your friend). They are daunting but there are folks on here that can help you get your head wrapped around them. A quick answer is sonetimes needed and appreciated, but basic stuff is better if you know where to find it. Kind of a d!ck answer but you will appreciate the ability when you need it to find what you need WITHOUT McGoogle.

wheelspinner

Steel Soldiers Supporter
it cool, I downloaded them all, so huge that it is taking forever to go through them as this is my first time looking at them, kinda lost really, its ok, but just needed a real time answer, I have been looking and still cant find the torque setting, in print

Seth
TM 9-2320-365-20-3, page 899

I just hit "control F", searched for "tire" and I think the 4th hit took me to the TOC for that section.

thanks, I had no idea on how to use this search feature, I could not find a discussion here about that , wish their was a video on how to use the tm's

Seth

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
thanks, I had no idea on how to use this search feature, I could not find a discussion here about that , wish their was a video on how to use the tm's
Seth
TM's are to be for reading understanding.
1941 8th grade level which is or may be PhD level now
anywho

there is no video
Here read this
There are 2 common sets of TMs online for the deuce.

TM 9-2320-209xxxx and TM 9-2320-361xxxx.

The 209 series has about 11 books.
The 361 series condensed it to 5.

Unless you are proficient with TMs, goto the 361 series for ease of use.

Remember that …………………..

-10 books are owners manuals,

-20 and -24 are unit maintenance (minor stuff)

- 34 and 35 stuff is depot (major work)

- Books ending in P are parts manuals with parts illustrations.

This is from
10-28-2013, 19:13Recovry4x4
It's also in TM 9-2320-361-34P. FYI, there are 2 common sets of TMs online for the deuce. TM 9-2320-209xxxx and TM 9-2320-361xxxx. The 209 series has about 11 books and the 361 series condensed it to 5. Unless you are proficient with TMs, I guide everyone to the 361 series for ease of use. Remember that -10 books are owners manuals, -20 or -24 are unit maintenance (minor stuff) and the 34 and 35 stuff is depot (major work). As DH pointed out, books ending in P are parts manuals.
And from Porkysplace 09062013
The TM's that end in -P ( parts TM) also have illustrations of the parts .

http://www.steelsoldiers.com/showthread.php?162269-TM-help!!
1. when within any open TM PDF file
just click Ctrl and "F"
and you will get a search box that will rapid search the entire TM

coachgeo

do not know if it is a Linux PDF reader thing or if it is how the TM's are written... but on mine the PDF reader has links on the index pages. If you click the page in the index... it pops to that page for you. Several items thru out the document have links like that. This also makes it easier. The TM's still really confuse me too even with that though.

Is anyone else's reader like that?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks