• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

seat cushions

Jericho

Hi al Jericho here , dam if letters in the USPS travelled as fast as word on Goat seats we would be making money! Havent even unboxed them yet will look to see what I need , am trying to get some original repros made at an acceptable cost, Have contacted two of the MAIN , canvas sellers on line , one said a simple noo, other one said SEND A GOOD SAMPLE , sent them ,my best one, never got it back, and they FORGET what they did with it , Will let you know by end of week , am out of town at the moment , back on Friday . DONT LET ME FORGET, SQUEAKY WHEEL GETS THE GREASE.

Al Capone

Jericho I might be able to make some seat covers . Over the past few years I hunted for old sewing machines that would sew thin leather and found some that will actually sew very thick saddle leather somewhat and thick canvas . I had a bunch of 1940s Bren gun covers that most of threads rotted away. Had my mom give me crash course in sewing and was able to save them . I don't know where to buy the thick green canvas ? Or where to find the foam we would need . I have built some custom motorcycle seats before and used a foam that u mix together and pour into the mold. They used this stuff for people in wheel chairs to make cushions custom to their size . U mix it up pour into a plastic bag and then they would sit in it for few seconds and then get up. It would keep contour of person sitting in it . I just used it on a custom seat mold I made for a confederate hellcat bike .

Jericho

Jet troop by trade but was a FAB shop Flight Chief for a while , parachutes and what ever, but my house burned down after I retired and so did my DRMO special chute sewing machine , canvas is easy to find, and the snaps and brass hardware is out there , as well, have thought of it also as a winter project, winter last about 9 months here seems like . Foam is readily available but VERY PRICEY, all of it went sky high when gas prices went up, never came back down ,

Jericho

yup in LA , but not in New Hampshire , Obamas buy back cleaned the yards out in conjunction with the high scrapp prices a few years ago, the original Goat seats were FOAM rubber , just like a 55 chevy they last like an ever ready bunny, the later ones were simple foam and didn't stand up as well Joanns Fabrics sells all different types of foam and another good source was the travel trailer repair sites, used it in matresses, best stuff was in the high end Class A ones