• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seat options for a Deuce?

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have tried searching the forum for info, but the search engine won't allow any words shorter than 4 letters, which really limits my options. I bought my deuce with two spring seats already installed. They're comfortable for two people, but I want a 3rd seat. Does anyone have an idea for a middle seat that won't interfere with my gear shift or transfer case selector? I found a jump seat online that's designed for a forklift, and has a built in seatbelt. I'm doubtful as to the safety of such a seat out on the road. Any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated.

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Could go back to the original bench style, unless that is not what your looking for. If not, I’m sure there wound be a way to fab up a middle jump seat. Others will probably have some better insight.

Godspeed131

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just saw this for sale in the classifieds for seatbelts. Figured I’d send it your way.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor

Only seen 3 buckets in a 939 as they are 10in wider cabs. Maybe the small rear emergency door bus seat would be an option

Attachments

M35fan

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, everyone for the suggestions and idea sharing. You've given me some things to ponder. They're all good ideas too. I'm thinking that finding a bench seat shouldn't be too difficult if I go that route. I would really prefer to add a narrow/shallow middle seat, so I can keep the 2 spring seats. tguinn, that cut down bench that you made looks great! Did you do all the metal fab and upholstery work? I appreciate any other thoughts yall might have.

-M

yolner

Tip for searching this site... Go to google and type in your search followed by site: steelsoldiers.com. That will give you google results only for this website. Works much better than the search most forum sites have.

montaillou

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I would really prefer to add a narrow/shallow middle seat
I want to delete all but the driver's seat, but it bothers me a little not having any option for a possible passenger. I think I'm gonna go with https://www.suburbanseats.com/p/jump-seat-10-floor-mounted-flipup-seat
It's just under 9" when the seat is up, 18" wide and just over 21" when the seat is down. Might be a little pricey, but I didn't like the idea of going diy.

There are some other variations on the same page, wall mounted flip seats, etc.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks