• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Seat Options M 923A2

olewhiskey

Since I CANNOT find any other threads on this(feel free to list them!), has anyone installed a better passenger seat, air or spring, that fits over the battery box? Clever ideas on modifying the seat? On my last ride back from recovery my shotgun loved the view but hated the unsprung seat. I have sold a few of these trucks now to new owners I have since become friends with and they are looking for the same answer.

350TacoZilla

I dont think you could get any type of sprung seat (air or coil) to fit over the box and not hit your head on roof, a more comfortable standard seat might help and fit over the box or you could do what i plan which is move batteries to the storage box in passenger step and mount 3 standard air ride seats in cab or 2 and a console.

GHall

Goldeneagle modified his seats I believe, not sure if the pass seats are suspension or not but look up his thread "goldeneagle's recovery" or something to the affect. His mods are very well documented and informative.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I have the global air ride drivers seat. It's much nicer than squeaky spring seat. I have a battery box installed on the passenger side and I was going to move the batteries into it but then I got lazy and now I put some stereo stuff in the seat battery box so there goes that. My kids are my only passengers and they don't seem to mind it. I remember in the marines the ride wasn't as bumpy if we had a good sized cargo load or maybe I was just younger then. I think the real problem is the shocks. I think better shocks would significantly soften the ride. I need to measure one of my shocks and see if I can find the specs on it for travel and dampening and see if something compatable with a higher dampening rate is available somewhere.