• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SECOND FUEL TANK

steve

GOING TO PUT ANOTHER M35 FUEL TANK ON DRIVERS SIDE. ANY ONE KNOW WHAT IS THE EASIEST WAY TO HOOK IT UP. I WAS THINKING JUST USE A TEE TO TAP INTO OLD TANK AND USE THE NEW FUEL TANK FUEL PUMP AS A TRANSFER PUMP TO DUMP FUEL INTO FUEL TANK #1. WHAT DO YOU THINK? ANY ONE DO THIS YET/

Attachments

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Yes, yes and yes! Withut a doubt the easiest way is to transfer fuel from one tank to the other. Cab mounted switch works great. Experience offers a word of advice! Hook up a bright legend light indicating when the pump is on. No matter how good your memory is, eventually you will get siidetracked and pump too much. If I ever do it again, I'll tap into the low air buzzer as well. There is a surplus low air warning kit which consists of a red light and a few wires that easily works for your application. I'll bet Saturn has em!

Desert Rat

Steve;
All I did was run a simple hose on the bottom with a reinforcing crossmember since I'm not planning to go off road with it. I hooked mine up just like on my two semis so I only need one fuel pump, one fuel gauge, one return line and no need for anything else. Check out my pics on the site and you'll see.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks