• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

selling a deuce

rizzo

I am thinking of selling a deuce (with stock tires).
should I use e-bay? I need to get $3900 out of it. should I set a reserve and bidding low?
any suggestions or word of advice. Or other ways to sell or advertise?

thanks in advance

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have had decent luck on ebay, but beware, those greedy #^@&@'s have raised the fee's so much that it is really expensive to run vehicles. I am getting to the point that I donn;t want to run anything on ebay due to the outrageous fees.

Now that being said, a lot of vehicles are seen on ebay, don't reach the reserve or get bid on and then sell afterwards. That's how I got mine, I saw it, contacted the owner, then went to see it, etc., after the auction had ended.

gimpyrobb

dumpsterlandingfromorbit!
On a side note, I saw a 109 on ebay in the last week or so not even reach 1000.00. Didn't even meet reserve.

jeli

Craigs List but make sure you comment on anything that will help a search. M35, Army, military, etc. Also post in areas close to you. Even though I'm in the Minneapolis area I search all of MN, WI, and other areas. I've seen classic cars posted in MPLS that are from AZ, CA, and Chicago.

sak00

Any closer to Florida?

Any Closer to Florida and I might be interested in a good look at it. Michigan is a litttle far to run. What kind of M35? Whistler? winch? I would like a cargo bed!

maddawg308

Steel Soldiers Supporter
RE: Any closer to Florida?

Try this guy - he charges fees after you sell, but you will get the money you want out of it, and he does all the footwork. Plus, the pages for his vehicles are great exposure:

www.armyjeeps.net

sak00

D*** it! Money and Distance, why is it always money and distance. Got money to buy, but none for the distance to get home with it. Nice nice truck. Wish I could get it.

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thats what, a 1200 mile deuce trip, maybe 1300? You could probably do it with 150 gallons of fuel. $450 in ful and maybe a $250 flight up? Not a better way to learn about your new truck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks