• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Serial # ?

USMC6062

I pick up my deuce this coming Tuesday. I went and verified the other day that the serial # on the frame matches the one on the Data plate. The problem I found is GL listed the serial # slightly wrong. Is this going to be a problem when I apply for my SF97, or do they just right down whats on the truck and not whats in their computer? Do they use the full thing or just whats stamped in the frame (the last half)?

What GL shows: 04F-89071-0525-25108

What is correct: 04P-99071-0525-25108

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
Yes it will be. You need to get the correct paperwork from GL the first time and have them correct it to ensure you have no problems registering it and selling it at a later date.

Here;s the information on this truck. Should be under the VIN thread:

Organization: 631ST MAINTENANCE CO
Nomenclature:TRUCK CARGO 2-1/2T Model:M35A2 NSN:2320000771616
Serial Number:52525108 Registration Number:4P99071 Year of Mfg:1972
Manufacturer:65909 Usage Miles: 7869

vtach

Steel Soldiers Supporter
So in this case the VIN is 5252108 (the last halfminus the 0)? My VIN is listed as the first half of numbers, (the registration numbe)r. If this is not correct, how do I fix it and does it need to be?

CARNAC

The Envelope Please.
Supporting Vendor
The registration number is, on rare occasions, changed on military vehicles. Consider the registration number as a license plate number. The VIN is permanent and the one on the frame is, imho, the legal one to go with. I don't put zero's in front because the database doesn't like it and when I'm doing in some cases 20 a day it get's tight on time. I don't think a DMV is gonna get wrapped around the panties for a zero at the beginning. I do think they could get wrapped around the axles around the VIN not being correct but also considering most don't know military vehicles, they probably just want your money and for you to leave them alone.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks