• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF 97 Status

Thunderbirds

Hey all,

I've been sitting on my M1123 from Yermo for quote some time now (purchased 3/20/24, released 4/26/24,picked up 5/07/24). It will be 2 months right after the holiday weekend since it was picked up, and yet the GP site still reads no update. What gets me a bit worried is that the 'Sent to DLA' spot has been and is still blank. Is it similar to the EUC that they update when the request was sent, or is it normal for that to be blank after this long of time?

Also, I think to remember reading that the Marine trucks take longer than other branches/yards in regards to the EUC and SF97? Who all has some insight in that? Just in case I decide to go for another truck in the future (not saying I am getting addicted :p:Do_O but it's a lot of fun so far)

Also, all the newer threads/posts have A/C issues and seem costly. Is it worth having the A/C system? How about the Turbo?

Thanks for any and all input.

Edit: pic added

SF 97 Status.JPG

Greg841

I bought a hmmwv on the 6/19 auction, mine shows "InProcess" under SF97 status. Is there someone you could email?

My experience so far with an Army truck is its going way faster than I expected. Paid and paperwork done 6/20, EUC submitted 6/24 and approved 5 minutes later. Waiting on the freight carrier to pick it up!

mrfarb

I recently bought an 1151 and my sf97 status never updated - an sf97 just showed up in the mail. It took nearly 3 months to get the sf97, so you don’t need to worry yet. I’ve bought Army and Marine Corp trucks, Marine Corp definitely takes longer. You can call the customer service hotline and they are very friendly and helpful, but you won’t get a tangible answer.

Thunderbirds

I bought a hmmwv on the 6/19 auction, mine shows "InProcess" under SF97 status. Is there someone you could email?

My experience so far with an Army truck is its going way faster than I expected. Paid and paperwork done 6/20, EUC submitted 6/24 and approved 5 minutes later. Waiting on the freight carrier to pick it up!
Wow, that is crazy. Do you have a pick up/release code as well? That is awesomely fast...

Thunderbirds

Funniest thing, I got home from work yesterday evening and the damn thing was in the mailbox, delivered by Fed EX....

So, off to the DMV this afternoon. Hopefully it won't be much of an issue getting a title and plates.

Yeah, the tracker isn't working, and wait times depend much on the government. But, it looks like the government signed it over to GP on 6/13 according to the SF97. And there is a re-assignment letter, dated 6/18. The Fed Ex package got sent out 6/29 and got here 7/1. Not all the fault goes to the government.

But, it's here now.

Thunderbirds

I went to the County Treasurer and just under 10 minutes had my plates and the title request filled out. The nice lady behind the counter said I should get it within 4 to 6 weeks. Not a problem at all. I love the rural setting and how helpful city employees still are. Plus, South Dakota is probably more inclined to allow the titling since we are right next to Montana who are the easiest to get titles for former military vehicles done even out of state as I hear.

One point (because nothing ever goes 100% smooth) she put 'American General' as make. I didn't catch that until I got home. Not sure if that is what the system has them enter, or she interpreted the AM as American. Anyone else have that? I am worried about what will be on the title, or if it even matters?

Anyway, on to the insurance company to see if they can get this done as smoothly. Then major test drives, been looking forward to that for a while.

Awol

I went to the County Treasurer and just under 10 minutes had my plates and the title request filled out. The nice lady behind the counter said I should get it within 4 to 6 weeks. Not a problem at all. I love the rural setting and how helpful city employees still are. Plus, South Dakota is probably more inclined to allow the titling since we are right next to Montana who are the easiest to get titles for former military vehicles done even out of state as I hear.

One point (because nothing ever goes 100% smooth) she put 'American General' as make. I didn't catch that until I got home. Not sure if that is what the system has them enter, or she interpreted the AM as American. Anyone else have that? I am worried about what will be on the title, or if it even matters?

Anyway, on to the insurance company to see if they can get this done as smoothly. Then major test drives, been looking forward to that for a while.
I have mine titled through Montana under my llc. My title says AM General on it, with the model being 1097A2.

I don't think it matters that much. As long as you have the title in your name and have it registered, it's all good. I use Hagerty insurance, and it's very affordable.

Mogman

Staff member
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have mine titled through Montana under my llc. My title says AM General on it, with the model being 1097A2.

I don't think it matters that much. As long as you have the title in your name and have it registered, it's all good. I use Hagerty insurance, and it's very affordable.
What year is your vehicle?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks