• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF 97

Mullaney

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
UPDATE: SF97 arrived today!!!

But…… It shows the vehicle being a 8 cylinder instead of 6. It also shows a purchase price of $12,349.96 (I paid $4300). The weights (shipping & GVWR) are incorrect.

I called GP and spoke with the Title Department. They told me it would be another long wait and that maybe I should just try to get ‘it through DMV’. NYS DMV is notoriously a PITA and I am not interested in trying to sneak this through. Besides, if & when I sell it can you imagine trying to explain years later that’s it’s a 6 cylinder and not 8? Who needs that headache?

Also, The make of vehicle is listed as “STEWART & STEVEN” not STEWART & STEVENSON.

lastly, Not sure how NYS would view the following errors - the odometer disclosed statement block entries aren’t even near the blocks they are supposed to be.

Tomorrow I will call DLA and see what they can do to expedite a new and correct SF97.
Almost happy for you... You got a pretty useless piece of paper with that many mistakes on it. And with the money being that high, your local NYZ DMV is going to hold out their hand a lot longer as you lay money in their grubby little paws. :-(

INFChief

Update: Today is December 16th. Have not received the twice corrected SF97 yet. This problem mostly rests with DLA. However, the f GP had verified the vehicle info up front, and correctly, this debacle might not have happened.

INFChief

Update: I received a SF97 in November 2021. It wasn’t correct and had to be redone (3rd time). I worked through GP to get a new one created and they just sent it off to DLA for processing. GP believes they should get it back in a couple weeks then get it off to me after another couple of weeks. I’m hoping that by March 1st I have it.

Specifically, my SF97 needed the # of cylinders corrected and the weights. Just to get the SF97 I told them not to worry about the weights - just get the # off f cylinders correct.

About vehicle weights. On my MTV the data plate for weights is on the passenger’s door. GP uses that plate & whatever records DLA hands them to verify the vehicle that GP purchased from DLA.

For some civilian buyers the weight is important when registering as it could impact classification and taxes / fees.

Those data plates on the door may not be correct. I spent 21 years in the Army and I can assure you that some operators /crews & mechanics will swap out one door for another and not give a hoot about whether that data plate matches.

A M1083A1 has at least 2 sub models; 1 with & 1 w/out winch. Each dub model has a different NSN. Side note: in the parts manual pay attention to the “Usable On code” {UOC} because some parts are specifically designed for certain vehicle sub models.

Those sub models are important when it comes to weight. A winch adds weight. Basic Issue Items (BII) & On Vehicle Equipment (OVE & OVM) add weight. If your vehicle didn’t come with all the extras and you don’t outfit your rig with that stuff you may be paying more for registration & taxes than is necessary. Furthermore, I don’t believe any of the special kits are factored in to the vehicle unladen weight. A tarp & bow kit is likely to add upwards of 300 pounds or more. FYI: the -10 states that the curb weight is the weight of the vehicle, a full tank of fuel, and 3 crew.

The -10 TM has a tabulated data matrix and one of the tables lists weights. Keep in mind that your State may determine weights slightly different than the military. It is worthwhile to look at your unloaded weight, curb weight, and GVWR data for your vehicle. NYS, for example, defines Unladen, Laden, & GVWR different than the military. It really isn’t worth the heartache to try and explain and prove the true weights of my particular vehicle. Thanks could literally feel the brains of the DLA & GP go numb as I tried to explain this to them and why it’s important to have correct info in the SF97.

My truck weighs 30,896 GVWR. That exceeds the weight limit for a regular drivers license. Empty it’s 20,896 (closer to 19,896). Since I also have a M1082A1 trailer just hooking up that trailer to an empty truck puts me over the 26,000 limit.

I’ve never been accused of being extremely bright so it took me a while to completely analyze where my truck and truck & trailer fit into the scheme of things. I can drive the truck empty or with a load of not more than 4,000 pounds in my current drivers license. But to take the truck & trailer to shows or on “cruise ins” I need a CDL A. I just passed the CDL A written drivers exam (learners permit) and will take the road test within the next 6 months.

That’s the current status with some additional, perhaps extraneous info.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks