• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

SF Bay Area Mechanic

turboocco

Could anyone recommend a mechanic in the SF Bay Area? Preferably San Jose, Santa Cruz, or other South Bay locations, but anywhere in the Bay Area is fine. I'm looking for someone that can work on older diesel trucks, and MVs as well (as I'm looking at buying one). Doesn't have to be a full shop, someone that does work on the side is great too. Really appreciate all your help!

Cucvnut

Around here you are kinda on your own when it comes to MV's what are the issues you are dealing with? most of the people on here can help you with your issues.

turboocco

Thanks Cucvnut! In my current situation it's generally better for me to pay someone to do the work because I don't have a shop, extensive tool collection, experience doing these repairs, or much time outside of work and newborn baby. For each a 1-hour mechanic repair, it would take me 2-4 hours to get setup, figure-out how to do the repair, and clean-up. I think what you're saying is don't buy an MV until I have the ability to do everything on my own. :)

If you or other members have any general mechanic recommendations that would be helpful. Just to have in my back-pocket.

I do know one guy in Redwood City that is an amazing mechanic with lots of gov't/fire/heavy-duty vehicle experience and does work on the side, but his time is hard to get so I need to save it for situations where only he can help. :)

Retiredwarhorses

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a full HMMWV restoration business in Brentwood Gentleman, I work on MB/GPW, M151's, All M series trucks...basically any Mil Vehicle. my speacialty is HMMWV, I own several, including M923's and M931A2.
Give me a call at four one five, 205 seven zero two four or PM me....
p

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks