• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shackle Pin Grease Problem

coyotegray

I have a 101a2 that is in very good condition I have been working on.
I have replaced all the grease fittings but still have two that are clogged that I cannot grease. Both of the rear/top pins will not take grease.

Anyone have a trick to open them up without removing the pins..?

Thanks,
Andy..

Wolf.Dose

There is a change, which sometimes helps: Lift the cassis that the axle is hanging free. Then try to apply greese. If this does not help, remove the fitting and get all the old grease out. Also remove the hanger and get the old greese out of the greesing hole. Than it will work. At least at my trailer that helped.
Wolf

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here's what I did one time. I had an old small hyd cylinder. I took the cylinder and packed one side of the piston full of grease. Then I hooked the other side up to my porta power. Hooked the other end (with the grease) to the fitting. Pump it up and I've yet to see a joint that won't take the grease. I can go up to 10,000psi with this setup. You'll need to remove the fitting and screw the grease hose directly into the joint. I've also blown a few hoses using it.

I heard people having good results with the cleaner mentioned above also but haven't tried one myself.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If Wolf's trick doesn't work, pull the zerk and run a small drill in it. If that still doesn't do it, pull the pin and clean it. If grease was regularly applied, the stuff wouldn't get hard.

housemover

Heat will also work. But you have to remove the zerk or it will ruin the spring inside of it. If you use the heat method be careful not catch anything on fire.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks