• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shelter dolly

rwelker

Have any of you guys towed an 832 or 840 shelter dolly with shelter behind your deuce or 5 ton? If so how do they tow at road speed? I have one without the shelter and before I get a shelter would like to know how they tow. Do they wander from side to side? I've towed it without the shelter and starts to wander at about 45mph. I'm wondering is it worse or better with the shelter as the wheelbase then would be much longer. Thanks, Rick

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I've towed DRAT's with no problems. I pulled it 60 mph behind my pickup and it was strait as can be. It's a real pain to back up though!!!!

NEIOWA

We have an M832 and a M1022 both pull great at 65mph. Not sure what the variables would be perhaps psi in tires and air spings. On the otherhand pulling 2x M720 daisychained for 150mi is a 35- mph project. And at that it's a hoola dancing snake.

And hears to hope that when extended backing works easier. Welded 13' 5x5 tube between the frt/rr of the M832 and will be setting a 200kw MEP009B genset aboard.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks