• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shifter questions

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
So I got my engine out of my 5 ton this weekend and pulled the tranny with is as well cause it seemed alot easier. I noticed around the top front of the shifter there is an air line that goes into a T fitting into the top of the tranny. One side has the air hose coming out of it and the other has no cap or hose on it. My truck would have the sprag "clunk" when I went into reverse but not into forward. I have not done to much work to fix that issue yet but i just noticed this when I got in under the tranny cover. I have noticed that whenever someone did the engine replacement they left bolts and what not out. Just thinking maybe there is something not hooked up right? I attached some pics. The air lines from the Tcase to the tranny were hooked up.

Attachments

jwaller

the T line on the front goes to the deep water kit. if your truck doesn't have the deep water kit then you need the check valve in there like the axle's have.

in the center of the 2 air valves on the side of the trans there looks like there should be a line going to it but there isn't. it's the dump port for the 2 valves. do not plug it, leave it alone.

It looks like the trans came from a truck with a deep water kit. you need to remove that line coming from the valves and discard it and install the check valve in the front of the trans.

You could also just run a line from the T fitting you have to a check valve on the firewall but it's up to you.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
Yeah the truck has the deep water pull rod in the cable but it is hooked to nothing. I am swapping to a navistar engine so I might have to reroute it to get it up higher.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks