• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shifting hard after new ignition install

stationjj

I just completed replacing my ignition and dimmer switch. I also took out the whole dash to clean it up and clean the electrical connection on the wait light.

Well this fixed my engine shut down issue and the flashing wait light issue.

I drove the CUCV today about 40 miles and 5 stops. I did notice a few times I had a hard time shifting out of park. It was almost to the point it wouldn't move.

I suspect I did something wrong? I also suspect it has to do with when I dropped the steering column to replace parts?

I think at one time I remember seeing a post about this same issue? Not to be confused this isn't a transmission shifting issue. It seems to shift fine when I get it in gear.

Thanks for any help.

stationjj

You should edit your title to: Hard to Remove from Park, after ignition switch install.

Did you c/o the Ignition Electrical Switch down on the lower column, or the mechanical Key tumbler?

The Shifter Interlock is mechanical, inside the column. The Mech ignition switch activates a rod going down to the electrcal ignition switch. If you replaced only the electrical switch, maybe you have the rod in a bind, or missaligned, which could be hindering the mech interlock. or if you changed the mech tumbler, maybe a missalignment there.