• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

shifting question

dmilkman589

so i went to go wheeling last night too show up all my buddies in pick ups. i started at a hill climb and it was getting too much tranny slip due to it going into to high of a gear. i pulled the shifter down as low as it would go and thats only 2. so the little picture shows D, 2, and 1. why will the shifter not go all the way into 1 so i can block out 2nd and 3rd gear in the ruff stuff

so pretty much what i am asking is do these tranny's just not go into first gear on the shifter, or is my linkage just need some adjustment.

dmilkman589

i know the shift points are adjusted a little too soon, the bolts on the vacumm thingy are too rotted to adjust so im not gonna mess with it. so it shifts outta first gear fairly quick witch is fine for road driving. i just want to be able to block out all gears when trail riding, no need for 2nd and 3rd in the trails.

Barrman

Did you have the tcase in 4 low?

I ask because that will more than half your speed or double your rpm for a given speed.

Last edited:

CROM

Barrman is right. And do you have a M1009 or a M1008? The M1009 has no balls in four high due to the 3.08 gears, so regardless of what drive your in, it'll be tough to climb. Four low works very well, but as stated above; will cut your speed and increase rpm dramatically.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks