• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shifting Transmission

Loose Deuce

How smooth is it supposed to be when you shift the transmission ? Mine is sorta stiff but doesn't grind any gears if you can hit the right slot. My stiffest place is when I try and put the shifter in second gear, the slot just to the right of reverse.

Seems to be easier when going to second from first though. but going to second when not moving is pretty stiff but managable. Just was wondering what it is supposed to be like.

OPCOM

Steel Soldiers Supporter
If you are not moving, the gears won't spin and engage easily. With the transmission in neutral, how hard is it if you let off the clutch for an instant to spin things up in neutral -then back on the clutch, and then try to put it in second while the gears are still spinning? It should slip right in, especially of the transmission lube if cool.