• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shipping CUCV door/fender

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Has anyone shipped or received a cucv complete door or outer fender? Just curious if I can use fedex ground or have to go freight. Also how was it wrapped, plastic wrap, boxed, etc? Thanks.

ida34

You should look at shipping them by Grey Hound Freight. You must drop off and pick up at a bus station but they will ship things that the others will not.

AJMBLAZER

You should try and box them. When I worked for a Chevrolet dealership in the Parts Department a few years back that is how all our fenders and such came when we had to special order them. Too easy for the monkeys in the trucks at the freight companies to bugger up. Not saying they won't with a box but that does give you some security.

Lieutenant
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'd check with your local Fed Ex or Ups center or driver. You might be able to wrap it in bubble wrap, kraft wrap, or both and send it by ground service. OE fenders shouldn't suffer any damage.

m38inmaine

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Sent a call tag for it today, going to try just bubblewrap on the fender first. If that goes through the door is next.. Only OEM original GI parts for my trucks. Thanks for the comments.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks