• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shock Change Gurus, Help!

dabtl

OK, I got the civilian 66903 shocks. I cut the bushings in half.

There are eight metal cups to hold the bushings on the original shock and only four on the replacement.

Do I use only the four for the new shocks or use the old metal cups to fill out the assembly? Does the new bushing ride on the mount as opposed to a cup?

Enquiring minds want to know.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
the bushings go right against the frame and axle mounts, 4 metal washers on each shock. monroe 34787 are a perfect fit for replacement.

dabtl

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
RE: Re: RE: Shock Change Gurus, Help!

i did not mean you used everything that came with the monroe shock, just that the rubber bushings go right against the mount with a metal cup only on the shochk side.

acetomatoco

Guess I am confused re the OEM comment... my advice was to use the Original Equipment Manufacturer (OEM) mounting method... And I fail to see how a method could become dated...you put the new ones on the way the old ones came off.. Good thing we're not discussing anything more complicated like washing the windshield.

dabtl

I found that I could use the stock bushings, without cutting them in half, to install the shocks. No matter, OEM or not, they will be much better than the rags I had!

dabtl

Got them done this morning.

Removing the old shocks was quite easy. They were completely shot. One had some resistance and the other had none.

The 66903 shocks went right on, after chasing the threads on one, using the parts supplied. I did not need to cut the bushings, it appears. We shall see.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks