• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Show stuff for the deuce

Low-Tech-Redneck

Well, it took about 4 trys, but we finaly won a mermite cooler for the deuce off of ebay, and we also won this, an original first aid kit from 1974, all the bandages and stuff inside are even in thier original wrappers

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Cool items! I have the soft first aid kit from a helecopter in mine. I also use a mermite can. Next time I make the trip to Wayne Harris place I plan on getting a few more mermites.

Low-Tech-Redneck

There seems to be 3 or 4 mermite cans a week that show up on Ebay, they tend to go for about $50 a piece. There are also TONS of ammo boxes, all calibers, some going for as little as $5

THe stuff in the first aid kit may still be usable too, smells strongly of iodine in there, probaby because of

the box of smelling salts. It went for only like $28,

Low-Tech-Redneck

add to the list a document bag and a set of ORIGINAL operator's manuals :D

Pics when they get here

We also ordered 3 gallons of paint and a spray gun :D

Dieselsmoke

I like to see vehicles that are "tricked out" with all the accessories. So many times all you see at the shows are just a plain ol' truck. It's neat to see them equipped the way they would have been. There's one of our club members who's jeep is decked out with packs, camo netting, helmets, C-rations, empty brass as well as plenty of dummy munitions. The thing is banged up, scratched up, paint wore off in wear areas and covered in mud. The thing looks like it just came back from combat. Pretty cool in contrast to the just off the factory floor jeeps. Not that I don't like a good restored vehicle.

Low-Tech-Redneck

I'm looking at some very nice 5.56MM ammo cans for $5 apiece on Ebay right now, and whatever other junk I can find, I just BARELY got the manuals, someone tried to snipe me at the last second, thank God for my initial high-reserve :)

We're trying for a compromise, we want the truck to look farily good, but not pristine, like it's been used a little bit, like a well-used training rig, so we're looking for things that you might find in it while it was on post somewhere, like ammo cans, manuals, stuff like that

JohnnyReb

I have an original M16 canvas case if you are interested. Don't know if these were routinely seen in a deuce.... I would always want my weapon free and ready! :boxer:

Low-Tech-Redneck

here's the document bag, emails from the sellers have confirmed the mermite can and manuals are in the mail and on thier way

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks