• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Shower Enclosure Construction

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am planning on a wet bath combination for shower and toilet. One of the things I have been struggling with is how to construct the actual space so that it remains water-tight even when expecting the camper body to flex to some degree. How are people building the walls and catch basin so that they don't leak given the environment in which we intend to operate.

Thanks in advance!

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Just depends on what material you want to use in the shower/bathroom. If you want to use tile they have flexible groute in all different colors and if your going to make your own shower pan for a tile job grab a sheet of ADVANTEC for the floor .

Cut yourself some 4 in x whatever length your floor is and stack them to make your 4 in lip to keep the shower water in. I spayed bediner material over the whole floor and a good ways up the wall so no matter what the water cant seep into the walls or floor.

Put you a regular shower drain thru the floor and you can decide if you want to catch the shower water or let it hit the ground is what i did instead of filling up my blackwater storage tank .

If you want to keep weight down you can use some type of formica on the walls so that would be water proof and theres so many types and colors of the stuff .
You can do some really cool stuff with it .

coachgeo

Just depends on what material you want to use in the shower/bathroom. If you want to use tile they have flexible groute in all different colors and if your going to make your own shower pan for a tile job grab a sheet of ADVANTEC for the floor .

Cut yourself some 4 in x whatever length your floor is and stack them to make your 4 in lip to keep the shower water in. I spayed bediner material over the whole floor and a good ways up the wall so no matter what the water cant seep into the walls or floor.

Put you a regular shower drain thru the floor and you can decide if you want to catch the shower water or let it hit the ground is what i did instead of filling up my blackwater storage tank .

If you want to keep weight down you can use some type of formica on the walls so that would be water proof and theres so many types and colors of the stuff .
You can do some really cool stuff with it .
keep the water... filter it... drop in a few drops of chlorine... ..... and use it for cloths washing before disposal. am hoping to do similar eventually... recycle water as much as possible so over all storage (potable plus non potable) is smidge more than normal yet the drinkable part not as big % yet last way longer.

VPed

Steel Soldiers Supporter
A product called RedGard waterproofing is used to coat a variety of substrates to make shower/tub bases and enclosures. It is specifically marketed for this application and is easy to use. It can then be top-coated with tile, frp, etc. Might serve your need.

ckouba

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks everyone so far.

One of the specific questions I have is with the potential flexing of things, how are people sealing up corner seams? Is there any special/recommended construction method to building them up?

Am I overthinking this?

chucky

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks everyone so far.

One of the specific questions I have is with the potential flexing of things, how are people sealing up corner seams? Is there any special/recommended construction method to building them up?

Am I overthinking this?
Really no matter what you use for floors and walls waterproof material for sure and silicone on every seem or the flexible groute if your useing tile !

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks