• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Sideways pics? Let's fix!

sed6

Has anyone found a solution to the sideways pics? My search didn't turn up anything. Any sure fire work arounds until a fix is found? IMHO forum software should be glitch free. And of course good forum software helps grow membership and revenue.

Mods-while new, I've read enough to know this annoys not only me but probably most members. What can be done to get this fixed?

patracy

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
The software will display the orientation as they are sent. With most smart phones having accelerometers, if a photo is taken overhead of the object its orientation sometimes is skewed at the source. I have never had an issue with any photos I've uploaded here. Yet, I do not discount the fact that misaligned photos are sometimes uploaded here. The problem becomes two fold. One being the sheer number of device types out there. The other being, how to build any sort of logic for the vast range of image types uploaded here.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I experience this frequently. No rhyme or reason to it. Same picture, different day and sometimes it's right side up, some times sideways, sometimes inverted. No difference in what I'm doing to post it.

I stopped worrying about it. Either it works or it doesn't. If not, someone will flip it, or I'll get to read comments about sticky tires and steep approach angles.

clinto

Moderator, wonderful human being & practicing Deuc
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Supporting Vendor
I have this issue with my Samsung Galaxy S4. Take the image in a vertical format or shoot with the shutter button on the left and the image will show up here improperly.

I am sure there's an easier way to fix this but I haven't figured it out. But I am uploading them to photobucket and then downloading them. Doing so strips out the data in the image that is throwing the site off. Only way I've figured out how to fix this.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks