• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

silicone sealant type

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
What do you want to use the silicone sealant on(Lines or base )? I would think there is a gasket at the base(not sure).

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Steve, I've been using sheet gasket material with a skim of the copper silicone if that helps.

dirtyfingernails

Kenny,
Thanks. The compressor was getting worse. Dave sent me another unit and I'll try and put it on this weekend. Copper silicone huh? Is that the same thing as copper coat for head gaskets?

Recovry4x4

LLM/Member 785
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Different. Permatex makes it and it's called ultra copper. Just checked out a tube in the garage.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks