• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Simple length question for M35A2

Hammer

I will hopefully be going to pick up my three trucks fairly soon.
But I need one measurement that I didn't see in the manuals.

All the trucks are WO/W, and I need the length from the front bumper to the rear of the rearmost part of the rear tire.

Reason is, I will be using a trailer that has 20' deck space, and 4' for the ramps to fold back on.
I know the truck is a little over 22' total length. And I was pretty sure I would have enough room to drive/pull the truck onto the trailer, flip the ramps back up, then I can move the truck around to balance the weight out better.

Hammer

Well, 20' deck space, I just wanted to make sure I have enough room for the ramps to fold back onto the trailer.
Total trailer length is 24' with the ramps folded back down.

I was pretty sure it would work, but figured I would ask first.

If it doesn't work, I will have to chain the ramps up to the back of the truck,

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
My trailer has 19' of deck then 5' of tail. I have hauled an M35A2 on it, and with the front tires against the front of the trailer there was about 1'-2' of space left behind the rear tires before the tail section(ramps fold up without hitting truck). You should be fine. My deck is 8' wide and it uses about 95"' of it at the rear tires.

Attachments

Rolling_Eudaimonia

Hammer said:
I will hopefully be going to pick up my three trucks fairly soon.
But I need one measurement that I didn't see in the manuals.

All the trucks are WO/W, and I need the length from the front bumper to the rear of the rearmost part of the rear tire.

Reason is, I will be using a trailer that has 20' deck space, and 4' for the ramps to fold back on.
I know the truck is a little over 22' total length. And I was pretty sure I would have enough room to drive/pull the truck onto the trailer, flip the ramps back up, then I can move the truck around to balance the weight out better.
The length is 264 inches overall; so it is 22 feet on the dot. I think it will be tight.

Hammer

Re: RE: Simple length question for M35A2

doghead said:
My trailer has 19' of deck then 5' of tail. I have hauled an M35A2 on it, and with the front tires against the front of the trailer there was about 1'-2' of space left behind the rear tires before the tail section(ramps fold up without hitting truck). You should be fine. My deck is 8' wide and it uses about 95"' of it at the rear tires.
Hmm, going to be close.
The trailer I will be using is a gooseneck, so I cannot put the truck as far forward as you can. I can only run it up until the bumper hits the uprights on the trailer.
I knew the width would be at the max. But I am not worried about that part really, I just want to fold the ramps back down.

But 20' of FLAT deck, plus 4' of space for the ramps to fold back onto, should give me 'JUST' enough room to fold the ramps back down.