• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Simple LMTV battery question

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I just bought an M1078 LMTV, but don't have it yet (it's being shipped to me). I want to make sure I understand the batteries, so I can get it started when it gets here.

Are all 4 of the batteries 12V? And they are linked in two pairs in series (12v + 12v = 24, this configuration twice in parallel)?

Thanks!

Duckworthe

They are 6v and there is 4. Under the battery tray cover is a fantastic sticker showing the layout and all of the connections. on my truck, the front are linked to be 12v to power the trucks systems. The rear two are tied to the front two to generate 24v for the engine starter.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I'll look for that sticker, when I get it.

So the truck is actually 12V (e.g. headlights, wiper motors, etc.), except for the starter?

Duckworthe

My truck is a 97. I can't speak for all of them. And I have heard that some are 24 volt lighting. But can conferm, my 97 is 12 for everything except starting circuit and dual output alternator.

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
They are 6v and there is 4. Under the battery tray cover is a fantastic sticker showing the layout and all of the connections. on my truck, the front are linked to be 12v to power the trucks systems. The rear two are tied to the front two to generate 24v for the engine starter.
Uh, no. All 4 batteries are 12 volt. Looking at the box, the front two are connected in parallel, the back two are connected in parallel, and the fronts are in series with the back for 24 volts.

Awesomeness

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Ok, thanks for the correction. Does the truck all still run on 12V then (except the starter)? Was that part correct?

Overdrive

Congratulations on the LMTV!

There are a number of 24v functions on the truck. The diagram of the diodes, relays, and circuit breakers on the back of the power distribution panel is the best identification for both 12 and 24v.

OD

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks