• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Simple PTO question

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Here is a link to my transmission ID question for pics of the transmission.
http://www.steelsoldiers.com/early-...-hybrid-id-please.html?highlight=transmission

My question has to do with engaging the PTO. Not this is not a standard M211
hydromatic tranny. and there is no transfer case.

I am assuming that I start up the engine in neutral and attempt to engage
the PTO using the lever which slides this shaft that goes in one end of the PTO and out the other.

The reason I am asking is that there is no clutch mechanism in this operation
and I don't want to strip any gears. I am assuming that since there is no initial load on the PTO that this should just slide in with a minimum of fuss.

Do I have the right idea?
Thanks,
Bruce

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mash the truck's clutch before engaging the pto lever to avoid grinding gears in the PTO. Your transmission is a Clark 5 speed from a CCKW.

firefox

General
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks NDT, I knew there was a reason my brain was sounding alarm bells.
I really appreciate the advice!

Do you know who carries seals for this pto?
Bruce

NDT

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Measure the shaft diameter and the bore diameter in the PTO housing with a micrometer and take the dimensions down to your local bearing supply house. They will fix you up for about $10.00

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks