• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Simplified Injection Pump Plumbing --- Why Not???

SasquatchSanta

In a previous post I mentioned a sticker on one of the fuel filter canisters on my new LDS engine stating that the fuel density compensator had been by-passed.

The sticker was obviously in error because upon close inspection I found the FDC to be configured the same as in Fig. 1 below.

I don't want to by-pass the fuel density compensator but I would like to simplify the plumbing by eliminate the two fuel line loops.

"Evidently" the reason for the two fuel line loops, one on the back and one on the block side of the pump are to allow a convenient means of bypassing the FDC.

If this is the case why can't the two fuel line loops be eliminated by removing the lines and plugging the holes? See the attached picture of the back of my pump with the rear loop removed and the hole plugged.

Am I missing something here??? Will removing the loops effect the operation of the pump?

To my way of thinking, if the fuel line loops aren't needed, eliminating them would eliminate a possible source for future leaks.

Attachments

KaiserM109

I read up on doing what you are about to do and asked the same question. The answer I got was that the loops are there simply to get the job done with no new parts. If you want to plug them, do it. That's the way I'm going to solve the same problem on my deuce.

FreightTrain

Banned
yep,Yours is Bypassed.Those loops are only in the picture cause the way the TM does it,No new parts are needed.You just move stuff around and reuse all the existing parts but keeps the ports sealed.

Bill W

As mentioned in your warning sticker ( I have one on my deuce also ), the reason for not changing out any of the hoses was so incase of fuel emergency the military could hook it back up again being it was only disconected so to prevent oil dellution (sp)

bottleworks

SasquatchSanta said:
If this is the case why can't the two fuel line loops be eliminated by removing the lines and plugging the holes?
That's what I did. I just used some brass plugs. The multi in multifuel still works great. The last time I drove it, it was running on 90% ATF/hydraulic fluid and 10% biodiesel.

BFR

Rocket Surgeon
I just deleted the smaller loop(the one between the pump and the block) to make installing the fuel supply line easier.

m-35tom

Supporting Vendor
ernie, yours is bypassed. so it is not really a multifuel anymore, just a diesel. it will still burn other oils but will not try to change the fuel rate on it's own to control power output.

cranetruck

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Re: RE: Simplified Injection Pump Plumbing --- Why Not???

m-35tom said:
ernie, yours is bypassed. so it is not really a multifuel anymore, just a diesel. it will still burn other oils but will not try to change the fuel rate on it's own to control power output.
The FDC (fuel viscosity compensator, actually) has absolutely nothing to do with the engine being a multifuel or not, it's the combustion cycle that makes it what it is. This has been kicked over so many times in the past, so I'll stop here.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks