• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Simp's M915A1 Build Thread

WillWagner

The Person You Were Warned About As A Child
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everything looks like it is doing what it needs to be doing, x heads aren't jumping around, everything looks like it is moving as it should. In the first vid it sounded like an intermittent tick, that's why a crimp came to mind. Any h2O in the oil? Next step would be drop the pan and look up the belly.

Again, where did it come from?

If in the Cummins database, there is no date in service, no end user, there could be a chance at warranty....depending on if the database shows it was sold to someone that isn't you. Call your local Cummins DISTRIBUTOR, not a dealer, like Peterbilt, KW, Navistar, and pretend that you just bought it.

On the data tag, there is a date of manufacture, what is it?

Call me tomorrow BEFORE you do anything in the way of calling people.

simp5782

Feo, Fuerte y Formal
Supporting Vendor
No fluid mixing oil to coolant or coolant to oil.

It came in a 915a1. Engine tag reads MIL400BC3J engine tag says 1984 but they just did that to match the truck.

Next step would be to pull the head and check the valve guides worst case scenario just put a cylinder kit in it and be done since I've got a few new in the box. I doubt anyone would warranty it.

Engine went nearly 13yrs between oil change. No telling how long it sat in that span. I am not in a rush to fix it. Just an annoyance atm

Attachments

Another Ahab

It came in a 915a1. Engine tag reads MIL400BC3J engine tag says 1984 but they just did that to match the truck.

Engine went nearly 13yrs between oil change. No telling how long it sat in that span. I am not in a rush to fix it. Just an annoyance atm
Guessing the disclaimer here is-

- "Don't try this at home"!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks