• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Single axle long bed deuce?

trider

I was looking around the web and came across what CC Surplus is calling a long bed bobbed deuce. I have attached a picture. It says it has the full length 12' bed on it but has a single axle. I am assuming from what I can see in the pictures they used a set of either front deuce springs or trailer springs. I am intrigued by this look. I have been tossing around the idea of bobbing my deuce but prefer the look of the original deuce bed over the trailer beds. I'm wondering if they cut any off the overall length of the frame or just singled out the rear axle mounted springs and moved the rear axle back a bit. I am curious if anyone else has done this or something similar?
atv bobed trade in dump bed sides 041.jpgatv bobed trade in dump bed sides 036.jpg

camoyj7

Looks like it's full length and the rear axle is right in the middle of where the tandem axle was. It looks like the same wheel base my old crew cab had. The Bed on mine was 9'

Attachments

ATPTac

Out of curiosity, why do you want a single rear axle full bed truck? Just for the look? If I were to do something along those lines, I'd do a quad cab conversion and cut the bed down. To each his own obviously, I'm just curious.

trider

Yeah just for looks. I don't mind the look of a bobbed deuce with cut down original bed but have though long and hard about it but don't think I have what it takes to get the bed off, cut a section out of it and get it welded back together square. I am very capable with a torch and welder but getting it all square would be the hard part. There is just something about using a trailer bed that I dont care for the looks of. Then I thought about just super singling both rear axles and rolling with it that way. I'm all over the map in case you cant tell.

ATPTac

I hear ya, I'm the same way going back and forth on what I'm wanting to do to our Deuce. Singling out the truck is most definitely going to be easier than going to a single axle.

orren

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The stock length with only one axle is a very good idea for most civi uses. Should help
mileage and drivability, especially in urban areas and you still have 4 x 4 and good load
weight capacity.

I like it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks