• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slantback Hardware

erasedhammer

I was looking through the Part TMs, specifically the slantback portion since I am trying to put together a slantback and wanted to know what hardware to try and find. First thing I see is the million thousand little peices that are needed, and then I am seeing things that aren't bolts, which means that I can't go to my local hardware store and get those parts.

As always, can't find anything specific on eBay. So WHERE in the world do I find all the hardware required?

I saw some of the gov suppliers have nsn searches on their website and you can request a quote, but all I know is that they are way overpriced and most of the time they won't sell to civilians...

So for people that build their kits from scratch, where do yall get your hardware?

jake-cutter

As others have said, use the part numbers in the TM and search for those parts on Mac Motors, Kascar, Hummer Parts Guy, and the auction site. Be prepared to spend a lot and order from multiple vendors as none will have all of the parts. I just picked up my mostly complete kit last week and still had to order a few seals and bolts. If you search on here and g503 you will see that there have been very few complete kits for sale over the last 6 months and all have been over $10K. Just look at the top alone, then the turret support, then the rear cargo hatch, left sponson, and windshield frame and you will quickly see how the price can go up and then add shipping for all of the parts. The kit from TedG looks like a deal with all of the parts included.

erasedhammer

As others have said, use the part numbers in the TM and search for those parts on Mac Motors, Kascar, Hummer Parts Guy, and the auction site. Be prepared to spend a lot and order from multiple vendors as none will have all of the parts. I just picked up my mostly complete kit last week and still had to order a few seals and bolts. If you search on here and g503 you will see that there have been very few complete kits for sale over the last 6 months and all have been over $10K. Just look at the top alone, then the turret support, then the rear cargo hatch, left sponson, and windshield frame and you will quickly see how the price can go up and then add shipping for all of the parts. The kit from TedG looks like a deal with all of the parts included.
Yeah I've seen those parts on various sites for very high prices. I mostly get the main components from scrap yards, and surprisingly they are in good condition.
All the hardware wasn't there so I am slowly compiling a list of all the parts and their NSNs that I need.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks