• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slave cable part needed

JEB

In the restoration of my M38A1, I'm strongly considering making the 24v power plug/port on the right side operable.
I volunteer at an antique aircraft museum and it might come in handy.
Not an everyday event, but you never know...Besides it would be neat to jumpstart the P-51, Spitfire, Stearman or U-6 Beaver with my USAF marked vehicle. The aircraft are 24v.

I have access to cables with the end that plugs into the aircraft.
I would have thought that would have been the difficult part to find.

What I DON'T have is the part on the other end of the cable that attaches (plugs? screws?) into the Jeep's power port.

Also....is there more than one type of the Jeep mounted port or the unit on the end of the slave cable?

Last edited:

DeetFreek

I just ran across a picture of the newer NATO plug with the two pin adapter for our Jeeps. Now, I've also built a set of jumpers for my 12V setup with a plug I found on ebay. It should be somewhere in the "What have you done to your Jeep" thread, I'll see if I can find rhe post number. And I'll see if I can find the plug as well.

Post #516

Last edited:

DeetFreek

I'm not seeing what I used at all anymore. So, you may end up having to use a newer single pin cable and snatch up the single to double pin converter.

JEB

I have slave cable parts of various types. Please post a pic of your port on your M38A1 and I'll see what I have that's compatible....

Thanks, I'll try to get a photo.
But it is the standard NATO unit for the M38A1 period...two prongs.

Last edited:
Reactions: 98G

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks, I'll try to get a photo.
But it is the standard NATO unit for the M38A1 period...two prongs.
I have modern single pin slave plugs and I also have 2pin to single pin adapters to make the single pin slave plug compatible with your 2 pin port. $120 for one of each, including shipping.

I'm out of town for 3 months beginning Friday morning.

JEB

I have modern single pin slave plugs and I also have 2pin to single pin adapters to make the single pin slave plug compatible with your 2 pin port. $120 for one of each, including shipping.

I'm out of town for 3 months beginning Friday morning.

Possible stupid question...
Could the two pin unit be attached to a cable?
No need in buying the adaptor if I don't really need it.
I might be in touch...in three months I guess.

98G

Former SSG
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The adapter wouldn't easily attach to a cable. It could probably be done, but not easily and the result would likely be suboptimal.

The 2pin plug attaches to a cable via solder, and possibly via crimping but I haven't done it. If you can find one, that'd be a slicker setup than a single pin + adapter. They used to be available on eBay, but I haven't seen any recently.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks