• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

slave cable-what is it?

chuck500cc

I had some problems with my first MV (M1008) a few years back so before I dive off into an M35 I doing as much Q&A as I can. I have seen threads were guys "slave cable" thier trucks all the way home from pickup.

sermis

???? why would you want to slave cable it?

Jump it off and drive it. Once it is running unless you kill it no need for battries.
Use a tow bar and pull it.

BKubu

Steel Soldiers Supporter
CHUCK500CC: The slave cable is the means by which a military truck is jump started from one truck to the other.

chuck500cc

Re: RE: slave cable-what is it?

sermis said:
???? why would you want to slave cable it?

Jump it off and drive it. Once it is running unless you kill it no need for battries.
Use a tow bar and pull it.
I don't know what it is or what it is used for. When I pick my truck up I want to make sure that there wasn't something I was missing or needed to do if something wasn't working right. I guess it is used to jump start?

Chuck XD Fan

FMJ

In Memorial
In Memorial
chuck500cc said:
Now I just need to get my other stuff together like muffler bearings and blinker fluid..

Chuck XD Fan
I've got some for sale!, send me your card number, SSN, ohh, and I'll need your mothers Maiden name, then I can ship it out to you.

Ferroequinologist

Resident railroad expert
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Hey Dad! They posted pictures of your butt and your face.

Both are not very photogenic. rofl

Love ya, mean it! :mrgreen:

I thought that the Alternator would burn itself up if there were no batteries? that's how mine died, the cable to + broke off and it fried when the volts went through the roof. unless I just had a bad regulator...

BEASTMASTER

an alternator needs a little juice to work at all. it won't work without batteris.no batteries .no worky a generator will make it's own juice without batteries.so a very wise man has told me.

AMGeneral

By the way,That was the wrecker jumping the Deuce off,not the other way around :mrgreen: . I really need to work on being more photogenic,seems i'm never facing the camera when I'm being photographed.

Seems the 816 was always working in every pic I have of it in some form or another,really goes to show,you really can't live without a wrecker!!!

Tanner

Ahhh! I see the Garbee 'cook-stove' in the background of the first photo - is that a portion of Cabell in the left of the second photo?

For the record, slave cables are used when you don't have a good downhill run to combat start/roll-start a vehicle... or when you don't have 8-10 Privates to push-start your Deuce - :lol:

bnc

IronPig

Is there a standard length to a slave cable set?

I've seen them 4' long, seems short but more practical if stowed in the vehicle. Any reason you'd look for a longer set?

emr

As stupid as it sounds to an average joe,,, It is NOT OK to use the term "Slave" cable, OR "Slave those trucks",,, In the NJ Guard, I am suspecting this is nationwide, But it is a"" BIG"" NO"" NO"" In the NJ Guard...No slaves at work here...Oh My..I say grow up...my 2 cents....Randy

emmado22

Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Everywhere I have been in the Army, it's "Slave Cable" and "Slave it off" No one got offended, and thats what Uncle Sam calls it in the TM's.... I guess they have some super PC guys down there...........