• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Slip yoke scratched and gauged?

Hey y'all I done goofed bad and accidently did some gauging with my seal puller on the output of the np208 transfer case on my 1009. Any advice or thoughts on how bad this is??20160901_175333.jpg

Last edited:

Chaski

Looks like you scratched up the bushing a bit. Personally I would not worry about it. I would just clean everything up well and press in a new seal with a small amount of RTV.

Try sliding the driveshaft back in there without a seal on it. If it goes in a-OK then I would try to judge how sloppy the bushing is by wiggling the driveshaft. Little wiggle = OK. If it has a lot of slop then you might consider replacing the bushing. If it does not want to go in at all you might need to remove the burrs from the bushing where you attacked it.

Thanks for the input, that's what I did, however I do want to note that it has been gauged a good 1/2 inch in there. I'm just hoping this wasn't an incredibly critical part

cucvrus

Put a little of the Permatex Right Stuff on the new out put seal and you will be golden. If it is leaking out of the yoke. You may need a new yoke put on your drive shaft or just clean it up good and put the right stuff on the outside of the broach cap of the yoke. I hope that helps. i had new drive shafts made and they are great to fix a lot of slop and worn slip yokes.